Traffic Engineering Project Manager
The Traffic Engineering Project Manager will work under the Traffic Engineering Department Director to provide reporting, management, and execution of traffic engineering department projects related to Traffic Operations, as well as carry out Quality Control efforts for Traffic Operations. The Traffic Engineering Project Manager will support business development efforts of the Traffic Engineering Director and the Marketing & Business Development department. The Traffic Engineering Project Manager will regularly coordinate with the Signal Design Project Manager regarding workload and assignments for staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides project management including planning, developing, implementing, managing and evaluating traffic engineering and traffic operations projects to ensure objectives are met.
- Focuses on Traffic Impact Analyses (TIAs) being completed to Department of Transportation (DOT) standards and negotiating between public and private sector.
- Represents DAVENPORT clients/projects at public meetings.
- Interfaces directly with client and supervises subcontractors for project implementation.
- Provides senior level traffic engineering and project management expertise.
- Leads, manages, and holds accountable project engineers, including delegation and providing regular feedback as well as annual reviews.
- Involved with project administrative activities including proposal preparation, monthly billing, billing projections, etc.
- Manages employee’s time and expense reports.
- Participate in marketing efforts
- Maintain client satisfaction/confidentiality
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Transportation Engineering from an accredited university.
- Master’s Degree in Civil or Transportation Engineering is a plus.
- Professional Engineering License required.
- 5 plus years transportation engineering experience.
- Experience working with State or Municipal Agencies.
- Strong analytical, decision making, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Candidate needs to be comfortable with transportation engineering software packages standard in the industry.
- Reports to: Traffic Engineering Director
- Utilization Goal: 82%
- Direct Reports: Project Engineers