TITLE: TRAFFIC ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGER
LOCATION: Tampa, FL, Pensacola, FL, and Jacksonville, FL
DEPARTMENT: Traffic Engineering
DAVENPORT is looking to fill a Traffic Engineering Project Manager position that will plan and direct project management activities within the organization. This candidate will ensure all initiatives and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives. The ideal candidate is an individual who is highly proactive and creative. The candidate understands traffic operations and has excellent technical writing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct Traffic Analyses (TIA’s) to NCDOT standards.
- Negotiating between private and public sector clients.
- Communicate effectively with clients.
- Technical writing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- PE required.
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in Traffic Engineering.
- Experience in conducting traffic analyses (TIA’s) to DOT standards.
- Experience in negotiating with both private and public sector clients.
- DOT experience required along with a proven ability to communicate effectively with municipal and county DOT officials.
- Experience with public involvement outreach along with assisting in business development.
- Must be highly proficient in the traffic analysis and assessment discipline along with an understanding and capability with traffic design tasks, including signal design, signage and pavement marking design.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Candidate must be proficient in all major traffic engineering-related software as well as AutoCAD software proficient. GeoPak and MicroStation experience is a plus.
- Collaboration skills
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Time management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be metby an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. Travel to be expected will be less than 15% ofworking time and will consist primarily of site visits and meetings.
- Traffic Director
It’s DAVENPORT’s policy to offer equal opportunity in all areas of employment to all qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other classes protected by applicable law.