TITLE: TRAFFIC ENGINEERING ASSISTANT I OR II
LOCATION: Wilmington, NC
DEPARTMENT: Traffic Engineering
Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for deploying and retrieving traffic counting equipment and data collections.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform manual traffic counts, both on-site and via video.
• Assist with document production.
• Deploy CamDat with assistance.
• Assist in tube count deployment.
• Collect field data including measurements and pictures.
• Deliver and retrieve documents and packages between offices.
• Provide other general assistance as requested.
• Ability to drive a vehicle (with a valid driver’s license)
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Knowledge of basic addition, subtraction and tally sheets
• Knowledge of occupational hazards, safety precautions, and safety regulations related to traffic pattern and condition and other work related precautions.
• Uses logic and reasoning to understand, analyze and evaluate situations and exercise good judgement to make appropriate decisions.
• Ability to listen and understand directions, information and ideas presented verbally and in writing.
• Requires the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work
• Some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. without assistance.
• Performance of essential functions may require exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes, temperatures and noise extremes, or traffic hazards.
Project Engineer (Traffic Engineer)
It’s DAVENPORT’s policy to offer equal opportunity in all areas of employment to all qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other classes protected by applicable law.