TITLE: TRAFFIC DATA COLLECTION MANAGER
LOCATION: Winston-Salem, Charlotte, Wilmington, Asheville, and Raleigh, NC
DEPARTMENT: Traffic Engineering
This position will be staffed to the Traffic Operations Director, who is located in our home office in Winston-Salem. However, because of our unique firm structure, we will be able to offer this position in the following offices as well; Charlotte, Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Asheville, Greensboro or Wilmington.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Management – communicate with and coordinate the firm’s data collections efforts and staff
- Traffic studies
- QA/QC for traffic volume data collected by DAVENPORT staff
- Assist in NEPA document preparation – knowledge of NEPA process
- Technical proposal development
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or related experience
- EI or AICP Registered
- Traffic volume forecasting and modeling experience
- Experience in Synchro and related modeling software utilized by VDOT/NCDOT
- Familiarity with best practices in traffic volume data collection of all types including trucks, pedestrians, bikes, travel time, etc.
- Excellent people/management skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Strong logistical skills a plus (for assignment of tasks)
- Experience in ArcGIS, MicroStation a plus
- VDOT, NCDOT or strong municipal experience a plus
- Collaboration skills
- Technical capacity
- Time management
- Ability to make informed, independent, and professional judgements
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Primary service area will be NC, although it could be in any of DAVENPORT’s service area. Some travel required, less than 15%. Travel would consist of mostly site visits and meetings.
- Traffic Engineering Director
It’s DAVENPORT’s policy to offer equal opportunity in all areas of employment to all qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other classes protected by applicable law.