TITLE: SENIOR TRAFFIC DESIGN ENGINEER
LOCATION: NC (Winston-Salem, Charlotte, Wilmington, Asheville, or Raleigh), FL (Jacksonville, Tallahassee, or Pensacola), Charleston, SC or VA (Richmond or Sterling)
DEPARTMENT: Traffic Design
DAVENPORT is looking to fill a Senior Traffic Design Engineer position that will be part of a hands-on team dedicated to delivery of traffic engineering with a focus on signing, pavement markings and Maintenance of Traffic plans. This candidate will ensure all initiatives and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives. The ideal candidate is an individual who is highly proactive. The candidate understands traffic operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of signing and pavement markings, traffic signal design, maintenance of traffic, lighting and ITS reports, plans, specifications, and estimates based on project analyses and assessments.
- Coordination and attendance at project meetings with clients, public officials, engineers, planners, and transportation system users.
- Project support in the delivery of technical and analytical services, including plan and specification preparation, data analysis, research, and utilizing GIS and other design software.
- Task and project management duties
- Supervision and mentoring of junior-level engineering and technical staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- 5-15 years of progressive experience in ITS / Traffic Engineering projects is preferred
- Experience working under NCDOT, SCDOT, and/or VDOT is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software is required, with MicroStation or AutoCAD experience preferred
- Analytical and a decision maker
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility and technical capacity
- Organization and time management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Most travel is local and during business hours. Some travel may require overnight stay. Travel to be expected will be less than 15% of working time and will consist primarily of site visits and meetings.
- Traffic Director
It’s DAVENPORT’s policy to offer equal opportunity in all areas of employment to all qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other classes protected by applicable law.