Roadway Design Project Manager
The Roadway Design Project Manager will plan and direct project management activities within the Design Engineering Department of the organization. The Roadway Design Project Manager will ensure all initiatives and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives.
The ideal candidate is an individual who is highly proactive and a strong communicator. The candidate has experience managing and performing roadway engineering including areas such as roadway design, pavement marking & signing, work zone/traffic control plans, sidewalks, multiuse paths, etc. The candidate should be familiar with NCDOT standards and the encroachment/driveway permit process, as well as experience preparing quantiles and cost estimates.
This position can be located in any of DAVENPORT’s NC and VA offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides project management including planning, developing, implementing, managing, and evaluating design projects to ensure objectives are met.
- Oversees and participates in the preparation of design drawings in accordance with various federal, state, and municipal standards governing the design of roadway engineering projects.
- Provides design guidance to production design staff and QA/QC.
- Trains and coaches junior engineers in site civil design.
- Prepares design drawings using MicroStation/GEOPAK, AutoTURN, and/or similar type software. OpenRoads Designer experience is a plus.
- Prepares project bid documents/specifications.
- Oversees quantities and cost estimating efforts.
- Involved with project administrative activities including proposal preparation, monthly billing, billing projections, etc.
- Maintain client satisfaction/confidentiality
- Assists with project pursuits in providing technical expertise on proposals and marketing meetings
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- PE required.
- 7 – 10 years of experience in Civil Engineering.
- Experience working with private and public sector clients is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
The job location for this position can be any of DAVENPORT’s NC or VA offices (Charlotte, Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Wilmington or Asheville, NC; Richmond, VA)