Land Development Engineer
This position is for a civil engineer to support design of projects primarily involved in public sector land development (local, state, and federal). Responsibilities will include site layout, preparation of grading plans, storm drain, sanitary sewer, and domestic water design along with post construction storm water management and erosion and sediment control design. The candidate should be familiar with submitting projects for permit at both local and state levels; particularly in the areas of stormwater management and erosion and sediment control. Familiarity with preparing technical specifications is a plus. The ideal candidate is an individual that is highly proactive and capable of thinking outside of the box.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of technical design of land development projects:
- Proficient in the use of AutoCad/Civil 3-D and or similar type software.
- Proficient in the use of Hydraflow storm Sewers Extension for Civil 3-D
- Experience preparing design drawings for grading, layout, storm, sanitary sewer, water, minor roadway, stormwater management, and erosion & sediment control.
- Able to communicate and coordinate design efforts with reviewing agencies
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks to ensure timely completion of plans
- Ability to assist in the training of junior staff
- Ability to assist with QA/QC of plans
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering License in NC
- Roadway design experience
- Experience preparing outfall analysis and perform drainage investigations
- Experience preparing bridge and/or culvert hydraulics design over streams using FHWA guidelines
- Charlotte, NC
- Raleigh, NC
- Winston-Salem, NC