DAVENPORT is seeking to fill an Environmental Scientist Position that will be assigned to either our Raleigh or Charlotte, NC office. This is a mid-level position that requires between two to five years of environmental planning and assessment experience. This position requires professional verbal and written communication skills; the ability to perform field investigations and prepare technical reports; and the ability to build and maintain relationships with potential clients. Applicants must have a 4 year degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or other related environmental field.
Experience with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation (Environmental Impact Statements, Environmental Assessments, and Categorical Exclusions) is preferred. The candidate should have experience with wetland delineations, Section 401/404 permitting, biological surveys, community planning, or archaeological surveys. The candidate should also possess a strong desire to develop marketing and business strategies to expand DAVENPORT’s growing Environmental Department.
• Preparation of environmental documents and studies in compliance with NEPA guidelines for both state and federal agencies. Experience with the North Carolina Department of Transportation Planning and Environmental Branch is preferred.
• Conduct fieldwork for environmental site assessments of linear transportation projects.
o Wetland delineations
o Biological assessments
o Community resources
• Preparation of various environmental permit applications.
• Meet with potential clients or other firms to develop new projects.
• Manage projects, including coordination with local agencies.
• Maintain client satisfaction/confidentiality.
• Experience with GIS and/or CADD is preferred.
• Some travel required including regular visits on job sites.
• OSHA 40hr Hazwoper training will be required.
• Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
• Experience with GPS survey equipment is a plus.
About us: DAVENPORT is a design and consulting firm established in 2002. DAVENPORT is headquartered in Winston-Salem, NC, with regional branch offices in North Carolina, Virginia, and Florida. Our firm provides a wide range of consulting services for both the public and private sectors.
Please visit our web site at www.davenportworld.com.
We offer a competitive salary and other excellent benefits in a progressive, career-oriented work
DAVENPORT is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.