The Entry Level Roadway Design Project Engineer will assist in providing quality engineering design services for rehabilitation, renovation and construction of assigned projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in providing design and drafting services for the roadway design team for the conceptual, preliminary and detail design phases of a project;
- Assist in preparing design drawings in accordance with various federal, state, and municipal standards governing the design of roads, intersections, sidewalks, multi-use paths, etc.
- Assist in preparing design drawings using AutoCAD, Civil3D, MicroStation, Geopak, Corridor Modeler and/or similar type software
- Assist in preparing opinion of construction cost estimates
- Project management and client interactions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 1-3 years of progressively responsible experience in civil or road engineering
- EI is strongly preferred. Candidate should possess or be working towards obtaining the EI certification.
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation and/or other computer based design packages is a plus.