DAVENPORT is looking to fill a Site Civil Project Manager/Engineer position. The prospective candidate will oversee projects primarily involved in public sector land development. The candidate must be able to provide overall design direction for the project to junior designers but will likely be required to provide design support as well. They must be capable of reviewing, commenting on and subsequently approving subordinates’ work. The candidate should be familiar with the general permit process for local and/or state projects; particularly in the areas of stormwater and erosion & sediment control. Familiarity with preparing technical specifications is a plus. This candidate will ensure all initiatives and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives. The ideal candidate is an individual who is highly proactive and creative.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create site layout, sanitary/water/storm sewer design, roadways, grading/earthwork, erosion control, and/or stormwater management systems plans.
- Prepare design drawings using AutoCAD/Civil3D and/or similar type software
- Project management tasks and client interactions
- Project Kick-offs
- Client Management
- External communications
- Project Folder Setups
- Manage subcontractors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- 10+ years’ experience in Civil Engineering
- NC PE license required
- Experience in public sector required. Federal experience a plus.
- Site design experience
- NCDOT experience a plus.
- Experience with NC Storm Water Management
- Erosion and sediment control design
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Candidate must be proficient in AutoCAD/Civil3D
- Collaboration skills
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Time management
- Ability to make informed independent and professional judgments.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proactive and creative.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Primary service area will be NC, although it could be in any of DAVENPORT’s service area. Some travel required, less than 15%. Travel would consist of mostly site visits and meetings.
- Design Team Director