Virginia Beach, VA
DAVENPORT is looking to fill a Traffic Design Project Manager position that will plan and direct project management activities within the organization. This candidate will ensure all initiatives and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives and will be part of a hands-on team dedicated to the delivery of traffic engineering designs including signing and pavement marking, traffic signal design, maintenance of traffic, lighting and ITS plans. The candidate understands traffic design and has excellent technical writing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparation of signing and pavement marking, traffic signal design, Maintenance of Traffic, lighting and ITS reports, plans, specifications, and estimates based on project analyses and assessments.
• Coordination and attendance at project meetings with clients, public officials, engineers, planners and transportation system users.
• Project support in the delivery of technical and analytical services, including plan and specification preparation, data analysis, research, and utilizing GIS and other design software.
• Task and project management activities.
• Supervision and mentoring of junior-level engineering and technical staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
• PE required.
• 5 – 10 years of progressive experience in ITS/Traffic Engineering projects is preferred.
• FDOT, NCDOT and/or VDOT experience preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software required with Microstation or AutoCAD experience preferred.
• Experience in negotiating with both private and public sector clients.
• Must be highly proficient in analysis and assessment discipline, along with an understanding and capability with traffic design tasks including signal design, ITS lighting and maintenance of traffic plans.
• Strong oral and written communication skills required.