DAVENPORT is looking to fill a Senior Civil Designer position that will provide quality engineering plan production, perform design calculations, and assist with a variety of site/civil land development engineering projects. This candidate will ensure all initiatives and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives. The ideal candidate is an individual who is highly proactive and creative. The candidate understands stormwater management.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide design and drafting services for the site/civil design team for all phases of a project;
• Create site layout, utility routing, sanitary/storm sewer design, roadways, grading/earthwork, erosion control, and/or stormwater management systems plans.
• Prepare design drawings using AutoCAD/Civil3D, MicroStation/Geopak, and/or similar type software
• Prepare opinion of probable construction cost estimates
• Assist with project management and design tasks
• 4 – 8 years’ experience in Civil Engineering
• Site design experience
• Experience with NC Storm Water Management
• Erosion and sediment control design
• Candidate must be proficient in major design-related software such as AutoCAD/Civil3D and/or MicroStation/Geopak
• Collaboration skills
• Technical capacity
• Communication proficiency
• Time management
• Ability to make informed independent and professional judgments.
• Highly proactive and creative.
Primary service area will be NC, although it could be in any of DAVENPORT’s service
area. Some travel required, less than 15%. Travel would consist of mostly site visits