DAVENPORT is seeking to fill an Environmental Planner position that will be assigned to our Raleigh, NC office. This position requires at least five years of technical experience in environmental planning and assessment. The successful applicant will have professional verbal and written communication skills; the ability to perform field investigations and prepare technical reports; and the ability to build and maintain relationships with potential clients. Applicants must have a 4-year degree in Environmental Planning, or another related field. Preference will be given to applicants who are licensed as a Professional Engineer or Certified Planner.
Experience with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Environmental Impact Statements and Environmental Assessments is required. The candidate must have experience with the preparation of community impact studies in accordance with FHWA, FTA, or NCDOT guidelines. The candidate should also possess a strong desire to develop marketing and business strategies to expand DAVENPORT’s growing Environmental Division.
Advanced knowledge and skills associated with environmental planning principles as related to urban planning, biology, archaeology, geology, hydrology, or other planning-related or environmental field.
- Preparation of environmental documents and studies in compliance with NEPA guidelines for both state and federal agencies. Experience and contacts with the North Carolina Department of Transportation Planning and Environmental Branch is preferred.
- Preparation of environmental permit applications.
- Attends and makes presentations at meetings with the public, elected leaders, and appointed boards.
- Conducts research studies, manages data and prepares reports for consideration by advisory boards, elected officials and the public.
- Meet with potential clients or other firms to develop new projects.
- Manage projects, including coordination with local agencies.
- Maintain client satisfaction/confidentiality.
- Experience with GIS and/or CADD mapping is preferred.
- Some travel required including regular visits on job sites.
- OSHA 40hr Hazwoper training will be required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Experience with GPS survey equipment is a plus.
About us: DAVENPORT is a design and consulting firm established in 2002. DAVENPORT is headquartered in Winston-Salem, NC, with regional branch offices in North Carolina, Virginia, and Florida. Our firm provides a wide range of consulting services for both the public and private sectors.
Please visit our web site at www.davenportworld.com.
We offer a competitive salary and other excellent benefits in a progressive, career-oriented work environment. DAVENPORT is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.