Raleigh-Durham, Durham, NC
DAVENPORT is looking to fill a Sr. Engineer/Project Manager position in our Site/Civil Department. The prospective candidate will oversee design of projects primarily involved in public sector land development (local, state, and federal). The candidate must be able to provide overall design direction for the project to junior designers, but will be required to provide design support as well. They must be capable of reviewing, commenting on and subsequently approving subordinates’ work. The candidate should be familiar with submitting projects for permit at both local and state levels; particularly in the areas of stormwater and erosion & sediment control. Familiarity with preparing technical specifications is a plus. This candidate will ensure all initiatives and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives. The ideal candidate is an individual who is highly proactive and creative.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create site layout, sanitary/water/storm sewer design, roadways, grading/earthwork, erosion control, and/or stormwater management systems plans.
- Prepare design drawings using AutoCAD/Civil3D and/or similar type software
- Ability to coordinate with client and reviewing authorities
- Client management
- Assist in procuring Federal civil design opportunities
- Project Folder Setups
- Assist with managing subcontractors
- Mentor Jr. Engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- 5-10 years’ experience in Civil Engineering
- PE license required (NC preferred or ability to obtain quickly)
- Experience in public sector required
- Federal experience required; preferably with NAVFAC and USACE.
- Experience with SpecsIntact program for creating design specs preferred
- Site design experience
- Experience with stormwater BMP design
- Erosion and sediment control design
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Candidate must be proficient in AutoCAD/Civil3D
· Collaboration skills
· Technical capacity
· Communication proficiency
· Time management
· Ability to make informed independent and professional judgments.
· Professional verbal and written communication skills.
· Highly proactive and creative.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Primary service area will be NC and SE Virginia, although it could be in any of DAVENPORT’s service area. Some travel required, less than 15%. Travel would consist of mostly site visits and meetings.
· Design Team Director