DAVENPORT is seeking to fill an Environmental Scientist/Planner Position that will be assigned to our Raleigh, NC office. This position requires at least five years of technical experience in environmental planning and assessment. The successful applicant will have professional verbal and written communication skills; the ability to perform field investigations and prepare technical reports; and the ability to build and maintain relationships with potential clients. Applicants must have a 4-year degree in Environmental Science, or another related field. Preference will be given to applicants who are licensed as a Professional Engineer, Professional Geologist, or Certified Planner.
Experience with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Environmental Impact Statements and Environmental Assessments is required. The candidate should have experience with environmental planning, which includes 401/404 permitting, wetland delineations, natural resource surveys (such as for freshwater mussels, red-cockaded woodpeckers, or bats), socio-economic impacts, and community assessments. The candidate should also possess a strong desire to develop marketing and business strategies to expand DAVENPORT’s growing Environmental Division.
- Preparation of environmental documents and studies in compliance with NEPA guidelines for both state and federal agencies. Experience and contacts with the North Carolina Department of Transportation Planning and Environmental Branch is preferred.
- Conduct fieldwork for environmental site assessments of linear transportation projects.
- Wetland delineations
- Biological assessments
- Community resources
- Preparation of environmental permit applications.
- Meet with potential clients or other firms to develop new projects.
- Manage projects, including coordination with local agencies.
- Maintain client satisfaction/confidentiality.
- Experience with GIS and/or CADD mapping is preferred.
- Some travel required including regular visits on job sites.
- OSHA 40hr Hazwoper training will be required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Experience with GPS survey equipment is a plus.
About us: DAVENPORT is a design and consulting firm established in 2002. DAVENPORT is headquartered in Winston-Salem, NC, with regional branch offices in North Carolina, Virginia, and Florida. Our firm provides a wide range of consulting services for both the public and private sectors.
Please visit our web site at www.davenportworld.com.
We offer a competitive salary and other excellent benefits in a progressive, career-oriented work
environment. Interested candidates may respond in confidence with resume this ad.
DAVENPORT is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.