Roadway Design Project Engineer
DAVENPORT is looking to fill a Roadway Design Project Engineer position that will provide quality engineering design services for rehabilitation, renovation and construction of assigned projects. This candidate will ensure all initiatives and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives. The ideal candidate is an individual who is highly proactive and creative. The candidate understands roadway design and has excellent technical writing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing design and drafting services for the roadway design team for the conceptual, preliminary and final design phases of a project.
- Preparing design drawings in accordance with various federal, state, and municipal standards governing the design of roads, intersections, sidewalks, multi-use paths, etc.
- Preparing design drawings using MicroStation, Geopak, and/or similar type software.
- Preparing opinion of construction cost estimates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in Roadway Design.
- PE license.
- NCDOT experience required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Candidate must be proficient in all major design-related software including MicroStation, GeoPak and Corridor Modeler.
· Collaboration skills
· Technical capacity
· Communication proficiency
· Time management
· Ability to make informed independent and professional judgments.
· Professional verbal and written communication skills.
· Highly proactive and creative.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Primary service area will be NC, although it could be in any of DAVENPORT’s service area. Some travel required, less than 15%. Travel would consist of mostly site visits and meetings.
· Roadway Director