DAVENPORT is looking for a project engineer with 2 to 5 years of experience in traffic signal design and traffic operations and planning. Interested candidates must have a willingness to perform general traffic engineering and transportation-related tasks supporting various project managers as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop signal designs based on NCDOT and other State standards (VA, FL, and SC), including geometric layout, electrical details, pole loading diagrams
- Review and provide QA/QC for signal designs developed by colleagues
- ITS and fiber optic plans design
- Design of alternative intersections and advanced signal features such as preemption for rail and emergency vehicles
- Traffic capacity and operational analyses
- Preparation of technical reports and deliverable file sets
- 2-5 years traffic signal design experience. Experience working with NCDOT signal design standards is a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineer is required. A Master’s degree in Civil Engineering is a plus.
- EI is required; PE is a plus. Candidate should possess or be working towards obtaining their Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Detail-oriented; highly motivated
- Proactive approach to tasks
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Should have MicroStation / AutoCAD experience. Experience with traffic engineering and planning studies and software (Synchro, HSC, TransModeler, VISSIM, Sidra, and ArcGIS) is a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Candidate needs to be comfortable learning to work with a variety of traffic engineering software packages in the industry (Microstation, AutoCAD, Synchro, Excel, and others).
- Collaboration skills
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Time management