DAVENPORT is seeking to fill a full time entry-level Geologist Position that will be assigned to our Wilmington, NC office. The Geologist will assist in completing various Phase I, Phase II, and other Environmental Site Assessments. The position requires professional verbal and written communication skills, the ability to make informed and professional judgments, and the ability to perform field investigations and prepare technical reports according to specific guidelines. Applicants must have a 4-year degree in Geology, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or other related field.
- Collection of soil and groundwater samples for laboratory analysis
- Supervision of monitoring well installation including recording of drill or hand auger samples, preparing soil boring descriptions, and preparing Site Health and Safety Plans
- Vapor intrusion sampling
- Run hydrogeological models on collected data using software such as Modflow or Rockworks
- Preparation of technical reports such as Limited Site Assessments, Corrective Action Plans, Comprehensive Site Assessments, and Annual Monitoring Reports
- Perform QA/QC checks on tables, figures, and reports to ensure they meet guidelines established by the North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality (NCDEQ)
- Assist in daily operation and maintenance of groundwater and soil remediation systems
- Assist in preparing proposals for contract/delivery
- Assist in managing projects including budgets
- Ensure project activities comply with OSHA and other governmental requirements
- Maintain client satisfaction/confidentiality
- Travel to sites (mostly in NC) including some overnight stays
- BS/MS degree in Geology, Environmental Engineering, or some related field
- Knowledge of the NCDEQ Division of Waste Management Guidelines and Regulations
- Experience with GIS
- Preferred experience with modeling software such as Rockworks and Modflow
- Experience with GPS survey equipment is a plus
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. without assistance
- Field activities may require working in unfavorable weather conditions
About us: DAVENPORT is a design and consulting firm established in 2002. DAVENPORT is headquartered in Winston-Salem, NC, with regional branch offices in North Carolina, Virginia, and Florida. Our firm provides a wide range of professional consulting services for both the public and private sectors.
Please visit our web site at www.davenportworld.com.
We offer a competitive salary and other excellent benefits in a progressive, career-oriented work environment.
DAVENPORT is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.