DAVENPORT is looking to fill a Traffic Design Technical Intern position that will be part of a hands-on team dedicated to the delivery of traffic engineering designs including signing and pavement marking, traffic signal design, maintenance of traffic, lighting and ITS plans. This is a paid internship. This candidate will assist to ensure all initiatives and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives. The ideal candidate is an individual who is highly proactive. The candidate wants to understand traffic design operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with preparation of signing and pavement marking, traffic signal design, Maintenance of Traffic, lighting and ITS reports, plans, specifications, and estimates based on project analyses and assessments.
- Assist with coordination and attendance at project meetings with clients, public officials, engineers, planners and transportation system users.
- Assist with project support in the delivery of technical and analytical services, including plan and specification preparation, data analysis, research, and utilizing GIS and other design software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- EI preferred.
- 0 – 2 years of progressive experience in ITS/Traffic Engineering projects is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software required with familiarity with Microstation or AutoCAD preferred.