Charlotte, NC 28217
The Civil Engineering Design Project Manager will plan and direct project management activities within the Design Department of the organization. The Civil Engineering Design Project Manager will ensure all initiatives and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives.
The ideal candidate is an individual who is highly proactive and a strong communicator. The candidate has experience managing and performing civil engineering design including areas such as site/land development, hydraulics design, and/or roadway design.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides project management including planning, developing, implementing, managing, and evaluating design projects to ensure objectives are met.
- Oversees preparation of design drawings in accordance with various federal, state, and municipal standards governing the design of civil engineering projects.
- Provides design guidance to production design staff and QA/QC.
- Trains and coaches’ junior engineers in site civil design.
- Prepares design drawings using AutoCAD/Civil3D, MicroStation/Geopak, and/or similar type software
- Involved with project administrative activities including proposal preparation,
- monthly billing, billing projections, etc..
- Maintain client satisfaction/confidentiality
- Assists with project pursuits in providing technical expertise on proposals and marketing meetings
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- PE required.
- 7 – 10 years of experience in Civil Engineering.
- Experience working with private and public sector clients.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
Reports to: Design Director
Utilization Goal: 90%