The Roadway Design Project Engineer will provide quality engineering design services for rehabilitation, renovation and construction of assigned projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing design and drafting services for the roadway design team for the conceptual, preliminary and detail design phases of a project;
- Preparing design drawings in accordance with various federal, state, and municipal standards governing the design of roads, intersections, sidewalks, multi-use paths, etc.
- Preparing design drawings using AutoCAD, Civil3D, MicroStation, Geopak, Corridor Modeler and/or similar type software
- Preparing opinion of construction cost estimates
- Project management and client interactions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 5-10 years of progressively responsible experience in roadway design engineering
- NC PE license REQUIRED
- Experience working with NCDOT
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation and/or other computer based design packages