DAVENPORT is looking to fill a Site Civil Design Team Project Manager position. The prospective candidate will oversee a project design team primarily involved in public sector land development projects. The prospective candidate must be able to provide overall design direction for the project to designers and EIT’s but may also be required to jump in and provide design support as well when required. They must be capable of reviewing, commenting on and subsequently approving subordinates’ work. The candidate should be familiar with the general permit process for local and/or state projects; particularly in the areas of stormwater and erosion & sediment control. Familiarity with preparing technical specifications is a plus. This candidate will ensure all initiatives and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives. The ideal candidate is an individual who is highly proactive and creative.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create site layout, utility routing, sanitary/storm sewer design, roadways, grading/earthwork, erosion control, and/or stormwater management systems plans.
- Prepare design drawings using AutoCAD/Civil3D, MicroStation/Geopak, and/or similar type software
- Project management tasks and client interactions
- Project Kick-offs
- Client Management
- External communications
- Project Folder Setups
- Billing – Fees, progress report and invoice, Budget
- Projections – Monthly project reviews, A/R Follow up
- Scope fee and initiate contract
- Maintain schedule of projects
- Manage subcontractors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- 10+ years’ experience in Civil Engineering
- NC PE license required.
- Experience in public sector required. Federal experience a plus.
- Site design experience
- NCDOT experience a plus.
- Experience with NC Storm Water Management
- Experience with water and sewer design over 12 inches in diameter
- Experience with pump station design
- Erosion and sediment control design
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Candidate must be proficient in major design-related software such as AutoCAD/Civil3D and/or MicroStation/Geopak