DAVENPORT is looking to fill a Traffic Operations Project Manager position that will plan and direct project management activities within the organization. This candidate will ensure all initiatives and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives. The ideal candidate is an individual who is highly proactive and creative. The candidate understands traffic operations and has excellent technical writing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct Traffic Analyses (TIA’s) to NCDOT standards.
- Managing and negotiating between private and public sector clients.
- Managing budgets.
- Communicate effectively with clients.
- Technical writing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- PE required. PTOE desired.
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in Traffic Engineering.
- Experience in negotiating with both private and public sector clients.
- DOT experience required along with a proven ability to communicate effectively with municipal and county DOT officials.
- Experience with public involvement outreach along with assisting in business development.
- Must be highly proficient in the traffic analysis and assessment discipline along with an understanding and capability with traffic design tasks, including signal design, signage and pavement marking design.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Candidate must be proficient in all major traffic engineering-related software as well as AutoCAD software proficient. GeoPak and MicroStation experience is a plus.