Virginia Beach, VA
DAVENPORT is looking to fill a Traffic Design Engineer position that will be part of a hands-on team dedicated to the delivery of traffic engineering designs including signing and pavement marking, traffic signal design, maintenance of traffic, lighting and ITS plans. This candidate will ensure all initiatives and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives. The ideal candidate is an individual who is highly proactive. The candidate understands traffic operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of signing and pavement marking, traffic signal design, Maintenance of Traffic, lighting and ITS reports, plans, specifications, and estimates based on project analyses and assessments.
- Coordination and attendance at project meetings with clients, public officials, engineers, planners and transportation system users.
- Project support in the delivery of technical and analytical services, including plan and specification preparation, data analysis, research, and utilizing GIS and other design software.
- Task and project management activities.
- Supervision and mentoring of junior-level engineering and technical staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- PE required.
- 3 – 10 years of progressive experience in ITS/Traffic Engineering projects is preferred.
- FDOT, NCDOT and/or VDOT experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software required with Microstation or AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Analytical and decision making.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Organization and time-management.
- Flexibility and technical capacity.