DAVENPORT is a professional engineering firm located in Winston-Salem, NC. We are looking to fill our new role of CFO. The CFO will have overall responsibility for the financial administration of the firm, setting financial objectives, and working to establish and maintain financial and operating procedures to assure accuracy and efficiency.
- Direct management of the Accounting staff.
- Assure accuracy and timeliness on all duties performed by the Accounting team.
- Work with Operations Management to create, document and continuously improve all operating processes.
- Create, document and continuously improve all accounting processes for which the Accounting team are responsible.
- Review critical components of annual budgets with operational leaders; participate in the final approval of annual budgets by the President.
- Manage financial records.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements, gross profit analyses, and other financial reports.
- Awareness of past due amounts from customers; participate in past due collections as necessary.
- Review and provide input to management of financial performance of each department and total office on a monthly basis comparing budget and office goals.
- Perform various financial analyses on projects assigned by management team.
- Monitor and maintain internal controls to safeguard company assets.
- Participate in the development of the strategic business plan.
- Analyze spending and assist in cost control.
- Oversee preparation of related tax returns and associated reports such as property, payroll, and sales/use taxes.
- Represent organization as liaison with outside accountant, auditors, banks, and attorneys.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting Department staff; carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Monitor compliance of safety and company rules within the Accounting Department.
- Other duties as assigned by President.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting required.
- 3-5 years as a CFO or Controller. Experience within the engineering or related industry a plus
- CMA, CPA, or MBA professional endorsements preferred.
- Strong computer skills including intermediate to advanced level working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, & Outlook; AJERA software experience a plus.
- Ability to professionally and effectively lead the Accounting Department; demonstrate and promote a spirit of cooperation and teamwork throughout the organization.
- Ability to professionally and effectively communicate and build long-term relationships with Directors, customers, regulatory agencies; represent the organization in the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to executive management and President.