Virginia Beach, VA
DAVENPORT is looking to fill a Traffic Project Engineer position. This candidate will ensure all initiatives and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives. The ideal candidate is an individual who is highly proactive and creative. The candidate understands traffic operations and has excellent technical writing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct Traffic Operational Analyses to DOT standards.
- Communicate effectively with clients.
- Technical writing.
- Transportation planning, analysis and design including coordination with clients and permitting agencies.
- Conduct traffic studies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- PE preferred.
- 4 – 8 years’ experience in Traffic Engineering.
- Experience in negotiating with both private and public sector clients.
- NCDOT experience preferred along with a proven ability to communicate effectively with municipal and county DOT officials.
- Must be proficient in the traffic analysis and assessment discipline. An understanding and capability with traffic design tasks, including signal design, signage and pavement marking design is desirable.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Candidate must be proficient in all major traffic engineering-related software as well as AutoCAD software proficient. GeoPak and MicroStation experience is a plus.