Environmental Field Technician
Marine Corps Base (MCB) Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
The Environmental Field Technician will be responsible for daily operation and maintenance of groundwater and soil remediation systems at several sites aboard the MCB Camp Lejeune. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with and performing general remediation system maintenance and repairs,
- Operate and maintain industrial/mechanical equipment including generators, compressors, vacuum trailers, pumps, and motors,
- Order necessary supplies to perform the various job duties,
- Obtain an OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certificate of training and comply with safety procedures and standards,
- Regularly lift 50+ pounds,
- Maintain spill gates and booms located throughout MCB Camp Lejeune, and
- Mowing and weed eating at remediation sites.
Minimum Required Qualifications
All candidates should have the following capabilities:
- A basic knowledge and related experience with mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems,
- Ability to work extended hours if required,
- Ability to prioritize job responsibilities based on the significance of individual remediation system operations,
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook,
- Must pass a personal background check to gain clearance for access to the Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, and
- Must be able to haul a trailer or heavy equipment.
- A thorough knowledge and related experience with mechanical (including industrial mechanical), plumbing, and electrical systems,
- Facilitate solutions related to various types of remediation system operations and performance, and
- Ability to assist in the training of technicians.