The CAD Technician performs a variety of design/drafting activities including preparing/updating design and construction drawings for projects, and helping to establish guidelines and procedures for CAD data management. Other duties to be performed as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES
- Prepare dimensional design and construction drawings and more complex drawings.
- Revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes.
- Review blueprints, plans, specifications and other customer documentation if service is requested by the engineer or project manager.
- Revise and update drawings to ensure consistent documentation of the project.
- Works with Project Manager on guidelines for drawings which meet and exceed the customer’s requirements (bid and submittal phase). Implement these requirements on drawings sent to the customer.
- Aid in establishing filing guidelines for drawings to maintain up-to-date drawings
- Other duties as required relating to CAD database maintenance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field, plus one year of related work experience: or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience using Autocad and/or Microstation design software (required).
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
- Excellent communications skills: interpersonal, listening, oral, and written.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office.
- Able to generate layout drawings from sketches and specifications.
- Knowledgeable of standard drafting practices and procedures.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, efficiently schedule and manage time.