ENVIRONMENTAL FIELD TECHNICIAN - AST
The Environmental Field Technician will be responsible for the installation and inspection of petroleum aboveground storage tanks as well as the daily operation and maintenance of groundwater and soil remediation systems at several sites aboard the MCB Camp Lejeune.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the installation and inspection of Aboveground Storage Tanks in accordance with STI SP001, including other applicable engineering standards.
- Assist with and performing general remediation system maintenance and repairs.
- Operate and maintain industrial/mechanical equipment including generators, compressors, vacuum trailers, pumps, and motors.
- Order necessary supplies to perform the various job duties.
- Perform landscaping including mowing and weed eating.
- Inspect sluicegates and booms and prepare reporting.
- Obtain an OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certificate of training and comply with safety procedures and standards.
- Regularly lift 50+ pounds.
- STI SP001 Certified Tank Inspector.
- Basic knowledge and related experience with mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Ability to work extended hours if required.
- Ability to prioritize job responsibilities based on the significance of individual AST repair tasks.
- Ability to lead field work and schedule necessary tasks on a weekly basis with supervisor.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must pass a personal background check to gain clearance for access to the Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune.
- Must be able to haul a trailer or heavy equipment.
- Thorough knowledge and related experience with mechanical (including industrial mechanical), plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Ability to assist in the training of technicians.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Field activities may require working in unfavorable weather conditions.
- Environmental Compliance Project Manager