TITLE: ENTRY LEVEL ROADWAY DESIGN ENGINEER
LOCATION: Winston-Salem, Charlotte, Wilmington, Asheville, or Raleigh, NC
DEPARTMENT: Roadway Design
The Entry Level Roadway Design Project Engineer will provide quality engineering design services for rehabilitation, renovation and construction of assigned projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in providing design and drafting services for the roadway design team for the conceptual, preliminary and detail design phases of a project;
• Assist in preparing design drawings in accordance with various federal, state, and municipal standards governing the design of roads, intersections, sidewalks, multi-use paths, etc.
• Assist in preparing design drawings using AutoCAD, Civil3D, MicroStation, Geopak, Corridor Modeler and/or similar type software
• Assist in preparing opinion of construction cost estimates
• Project management and client interactions
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• 1-3 years of progressively responsible experience in civil or road engineering
• EI is required. Candidate should possess or be working towards obtaining the EI certification.
• Good knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation and/or other computer based design packages is a plus.
• Ability to make informed independent and professional judgments.
• Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Roadway Design Project Manager
It’s DAVENPORT’s policy to offer equal opportunity in all areas of employment to all qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other classes protected by applicable law.