TITLE: ENTRY LEVEL TRAFFIC ENGINEER
LOCATION: Charleston, SC
DEPARTMENT: Traffic Engineering
DAVENPORT is looking to fill an entry level Project Engineer position that will be assigned to our traffic operations and transportation design team. Interested candidates must have a willingness to perform general traffic engineering and transportation-related tasks supporting various project managers as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaboration with team members, clients, and agencies.
- Performance of traffic engineering analysis, including impact studies, corridor studies, capacity and safety analyses, multi-modal operation studies, traffic simulations, and planning studies.
Assistance with signal optimization and design projects.
- Collection, organization, research, and analysis of project data.
- Preparation of technical documents and reports.
- Field visits and data collection.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering is required. A Master’s degree in Civil Engineering is a plus.
- EI is required. Candidate should possess or be working towards obtaining the “Engineer-In-Training” or “Engineering Intern” certification.
- 0 – 2 years transportation engineering experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Detail-oriented; highly motivated.
- Proactive approach to tasks
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- MicroStation/CAD experience a plus, knowledge of traffic engineering and planning software (HCS, Synchro, TransModeler, VISSIM, ArcGIS) is a plus
- Transportation engineering intern/co-op experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Candidate needs to be comfortable learning to work with a variety of traffic engineering software packages in the industry (Synchro, HCS, and/or others) OR roadway design packages including AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Collaboration skills
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Time management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. Travel to be expected will be less than 15% of working time and will consist primarily of site visits and meetings.
- Project Engineer
It’s DAVENPORT’s policy to offer equal opportunity in all areas of employment to all qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other classes protected by applicable law.