Director of Business Development and Marketing
As the Director of Business Development and Marketing, you will become the face of DAVENPORT. You will be a brand ambassador to one of the industry’s top engineering firms and lead DAVENPORT’S marketing and business development efforts. As a member of the Leadership Team, you will influence high level company decisions and be an integral part of our overall growth plans and strategic efforts. You will actively pursue new business and become an intricate component of our progressive team environment. You will also manage associates in both the business development and marketing departments. You will establish, maintain, and initiate long-term business relationships with new and existing clients.
Duties and Responsibilites
• Support DAVENPORT’s business development and marketing efforts to accelerate business growth.
• Serve as an active member of the leadership team.
• Monitor and control firm-wide marketing activities, expenses, results, and other metrics. Provide business development and marketing KPI / Scorecard metrics to leadership team
• Supervise, manage and mentor Business Development and Marketing Team, delegating day-to-day and guiding the overall strategic plan. Support the growth of those involved in business acquisition by mentoring and coaching.
• Work closely with Leadership team to coordinate develop and implement strategic plan for the firm including business development and marketing plans.
• Serve as the chief ambassador and creator for the DAVENPORT brand including web and social media presence.
• Create winning strategies to meet sales goals including designated market sectors and new growth markets
• Serve as advisor to DAVENPORT firm-wide on business development and marketing best practices, including perform benchmarking, create winning strategies, understand industry trends, develop new markets, penetrate existing markets as well as lead competitive analysis and differentiation strategies.
• Develop and manage the client satisfaction program.
• Orchestrate involvement in all relationship management on behalf of the firm including strategic alliances/joint ventures, industry organizations as well as client and community events.
• Oversee all the written materials to ensure they are appropriately focused on client benefits and differentiators, while consistent with the firm’s promotional identity including RFP management and proposal response along with final go/no go decisions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or a closely related filed.
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
• Computer literacy with the internet and a high-level knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
• Knowledge of design program Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
• Ideal candidate shall possess at least 7-10 years of relevant and direct marketing and/or business development experience in the Architecture, Engineering and/or construction field.
• Relevant experience such as previous outside sales experience with engineering firms and/or government is a plus.
• Current participation in relevant societies a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills.
• Ability to work in a high-profile position that requires direct interaction with senior level clients.
• Time management and organization skills ability to multi-task, ability to manage deadlines while being highly organized.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
• Ability to use own judgement while orchestrating new tasks – Quick thinker.
• Ability to work in a non-structured environment.
• Professional in attitude and appearance with polished communication skills.
• Desire to take on new challenges.
• Able to find the YES in challenging/stressful situations
• Frequently required to sit, talk and hear
• Frequently required to walk, use hands to type data, operate business machines, dial the telephone and reach with hands and arms
• Frequently life and/or move 5-10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 lbs
• Specific visions abilities required for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
The Director of Business Development and Marketing will report directly to Senior Management.
*This position will be open until filled.