DAVENPORT’s five-plus-year relationship with the developers of this 212-acre mixed-use development began with a simple traffic impact analysis (TIA). DAVENPORT’s TIA was so creative and comprehensive, it allowed the speculative development to prevail in the early stages, even when the outlook was grim. DAVENPORT worked with developers, The City of Mebane and NCDOT each step of the way providing traffic, transportation and other engineering services.
In its entirety, DAVENPORT’s role included new roadways; roadway widening and interchange improvements; signal design; signal timing plans; and traffic control plans, as well as utilities, drainage and construction management at Mebane Oaks Road and I-40/85. Today, this development includes a 50-store outlet mall with four restaurants and two hotels along with a medical center. The scope of services for this project included:
- More than three-quarters of a mile of new Arrowhead Blvd
- More than one mile of existing Arrowhead Blvd.
- One-quarter of a mile of Mebane Oaks Rd.
- More than a half a mile of interstate ramps
- Intersection design and access management
- Three new traffic signals and wireless interconnection
- Modification of three existing signals
- Signal timing design
- Cost estimating
- Sidewalk design
- Pedestrian network design
- Stormwater management
- Erosion and sedimentation control Construction documents and permitting
- Bid services
- Construction management and administration