TITLE: CIVIL ENGINEER
LOCATION: NC (Winston-Salem, Charlotte, Wilmington, Asheville, or Raleigh), Charleston, SC, VA (Richmond or Reston)
DEPARTMENT: Site-Civil Engineering
DAVENPORT is looking to fill a Civil Engineer position that will provide quality engineering plan production, perform design calculations, and assist with a variety of site/civil land development engineering projects. This candidate will ensure all initiatives and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives. The ideal candidate is an individual who is highly proactive and creative. The candidate understands stormwater management and has excellent technical writing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing design and drafting services for the site-civil design team for conceptual, preliminary, and detail design phases of projects
• Create site layout, utility routing, sanitary/storm sewer design, roadways, grading/earthwork, erosion control, and/or stormwater management systems plans.
• Preparing design drawings using AutoCAD, Civil3D, MicroStation, Geopak, and/or similar type software
• Preparing opinions of construction cost estimates
• Assist with project management tasks and client interactions
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
• 4-8 years of experience in Civil Engineering
• EI or PE license
• Site design experience
• Experience with NC Storm Water Management
• Erosion and sediment control design
• Strong oral and written communication skills required.
• Candidate must be proficient in major design-related software such as AutoCAD/Civil3D and/or MicroStation/Geopak
• Collaboration skills
• Technical capacity
• Communication proficiency
• Time management
• Ability to make informed, independent, and professional judgements
• Professional verbal and written communication skills
• Highly proactive and creative
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Primary service area will be NC, although it could be in any of DAVENPORT’s service area. Some travel required, less than 15%. Travel would consist of mostly site visits and meetings.
Design Team Director
It’s DAVENPORT’s policy to offer equal opportunity in all areas of employment to all qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other classes protected by applicable law.