Civil Engineer – Land Development
DAVENPORT is looking to fill a Civil Designer/Engineer position in our Design Team. The prospective candidate will handle design of projects primarily involving public sector land development (local, state, and federal). The candidate will act as primary designer on projects but will be expected to provide direction to junior engineers and CAD Technicians involved in projects as well. They must be capable of reviewing, commenting on, and subsequently approving junior team members’ work. The candidate should be familiar with submitting projects for permit at both local and state levels, particularly in the areas of stormwater and erosion & sediment control. Familiarity with preparing technical specifications is a plus. The ideal candidate is an individual who is highly proactive and creative.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create site layout, sanitary/water/storm sewer design, roadways, grading/earthwork, erosion control, and/or stormwater management systems plans.
- Prepare design drawings using AutoCAD/Civil3D and related software
- Ability to coordinate with client and reviewing authorities
- Mentor Junior Designers/Engineers and CAD Technicians
Qualifications & Skills
- 5-15 years’ experience in Civil Engineering
- Site design experience required
- Experience with stormwater BMP design required
- Experience in erosion and sediment control design required
- Proficiency with AutoCAD/Civil3D required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university preferred
- PE license preferred
- Experience in public sector preferred
- Collaboration skills
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Time management
- Ability to make informed independent and professional judgements
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proactive and creative
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Primary service area will be NC, although it could be in any of DAVENPORT’s service area. Some travel required, less than 15%. Travel would consist of mostly site visits and meetings.
Design Team Director