Responsible for supporting the Controller and accounting team by providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for activities in the accounts receivable function, including:
- Manages Collection activities, including
- Issuing Monthly Statements
- Sending follow-up inquires (including making phone calls)
- Negotiating with Past Due accounts
- Assist w/ legal process (demand letters, small claims, etc.)
- Processing Payments
- Review, finalize & issue client invoices
- Complete special client billing including portal uploads
- Ensure accuracy of billing rates
- Ensure client/billing info set up properly
- Accounts receivable reporting
- Audits methods and procedures of accounts receivable function to improve efficiency
- Ensure the accuracy of Project Management system
- Conduct QA/QC on all projects
- Coordinate with operations to ensure projects set up according to contract specifications
- Assist with correcting any identified errors
Responsible for Payroll and related activities including:
Assist Controller with Financial and other Admin activities, including:
- Bank Reconciliation
- GL acct review, adjusting entries, etc.
- Financial reporting
- Inventory Management
- Property Taxes
- Company certifications/licenses
- Transaction research
Other duties as assigned.
- College degree (2 year minimum)
- A/R (including collections) and A/P experience 3-5 years
- Bank Reconciliation, GL acct review, Financial reporting experience 2-4 years
- Payroll experience 1-2 years
- Contract review experience
- MS Office knowledge, especially with Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Self-starter, works independently with minimum supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Extreme structure and detail-oriented
- Communicates well with people both inside and outside of the company
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Able to learn and adapt to new software
- Ajera experience preferred, but not required
- Frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to walk, use hands to type data, operate business machines, dial the telephone and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently lift and/or move 5-10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 lbs.
- Specific visions abilities required for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.